Policy and Procedures for COVID-19: Return to Registered Massage Therapy Practice, June, 2020
To my valued clients,
I am excited to announce that the clinic will be opening for registered massage therapy starting Tuesday, June 2nd, 2020. I want to thank each of you for your patience.
As we return to daily operations, I will need to implement new procedures to ensure we meet the standards of both the government and the massage professional regulatory bodies. I realize this will be a change from the treatment that you are familiar with, safety first is the concern to assure your trust and wellbeing.
1. Arrive on time for your visits. Please pay close attention to your treatment time, as it will be quite specific due to our implementation of staggered start times. This is in an effort to limit client cross over and the number of people in our common spaces, as well as to allow time for disinfecting thoroughly between treatments.
2. Please do not come to the clinic until your appointment time. If you arrive early, please wait in your car or outside of the clinic space. We will not have an available lobby at this time and ask that you don’t sit down in our chairs.
3. Be respectful of physical distancing (6ft) with anyone other than your therapist. This includes in our clinic common spaces, as well as our hallways and washrooms.
4. Please come alone to your appointments.
5. Bring a mask or face covering for use while in our building. For anyone arriving without a mask, we will have one available for you. Please understand masks are in shortage and we do appreciate you making every effort to bring your own.
6. When you arrive, I will meet you at the door with hand sanitizer and/or I guide you to the washroom to wash your hands, hold the door for you, disinfecting the door handles and lights switches. Please do not wear gloves into the clinic that you have been wearing prior to your arrival.
7. In an effort to limit contact with our payment pad, there are options to update your credit card on file, you can do this yourself online with your jane app account. Etransfer is available to email email@example.com prior to treatment. The pin pad is available too and will be disinfected prior to every use. Please note I will not be accepting cash at this time.
8. If you are sick, have traveled outside of BC in the last 14 days, or have come into direct contact with someone who has been ill, please reschedule your appointment and clinic cancellation fees will be waived. If you arrive at the appointment showing symptoms of being sick, we will be sending you home. Please look at the Covid-19 self-assessment tool prior to your session https://bc.thrive.health/covid19/en
9. Please bring as little “extra” with you as possible in the way of bags, jackets etc.
Please know that I am here for you. These are unprecedented times so please be patient as we navigate this together. Should you require assistance with booking, payments or you have questions, please call or email me.
With great sadness for the loss of some of you, I have had to make changes to my schedule on the return to massage.
The new schedule:
Tuesday’s 9:30 – 2:30
Wednesday’s 9:30 – 2:30
Thursday’s 9:30 – 2:30
The June schedule will be closed as I need to organize all that are already booked and set up the previous appointments up with my new schedule.
I am deeply sorry to those that I can no longer accommodate with this new schedule. I will miss many of you and hope that through the future if you are in need of my help your schedule may be conducive to mine.
July schedule onwards is open for online booking through:
website www.rmtgroup.ca or direct link https://kellypearcermt.janeapp.com/
Cell 604 619 0232
I look forward to seeing you soon and have greatly missed being a part of your healthcare team.
Please contact me if further questions or concerns.
Kelly Pearce, RMT